Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

pain again

Back to the gym for my expanded routine today. I got through it, glad that it is getting more comfortable for me, but I noticed that doing the three band routines was hard on my legs. They require that I stand and standing just seems so hard right now. It has been for a while, of course, but it seems worse somehow.

Again, I lay down for a while when I got home. But I didn't stay as long as I have lately. I got up to make myself some tea, to move around, and pains in my right hip came searing at me. I don't know what is happening here but it isn't making me happy. I am wondering if the "walking" book might help with some of this. Stay tuned for that.

For the record, my present routine:

11 minutes on bike (I am using upright bike now but not the "spinning" type yet) at level 8
1 set of 15 reps on row machine at 65 lbs
1 set of 15 reps on lat pulldown machine at 65 lbs
1 set of 20 reps on leg press at 140 lbs
chest stretch, 30 sec each side
calf stretch, 30 sec each foot

rubber band exercises:
compound row, red & green bands, 3 sets of 15
shoulder external rotation, red, 3 sets of 15
empty can, green, 3 sets of 15
lat pulldown, red, 3 sets of 15

squats on ball on wall - I put large ball in small of my back, put weight in heels, do squats - I'm doing five
squats at rail - weight in heels too, I'm doing five
stick stretch - I'm doing two stretches where my right arm helps stretch my left (the problem arm). Right now I am stretching three sets of ten seconds each
treadmill - walk normally, focusing on feet, knees, posture - I have managed all of three minutes

It takes me about 45 minutes, maybe a little more. As I get more comfortable on the treadmill and with the squats I figure it will take a little longer.

My goal is to do the chest and calf stretches every day, plus I figure I'll get in the stick stretches too once I get me a stick. Also, I am doing the lat pulldowns at home because I don't want to use a door at the gym.

No comments: