Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

Not-so-good road trip

I drove home from Palm Springs today. Usually the biggest worry for that trip is the traffic. Today it was my right leg. Right from the start I felt searing pains in my right calf, thigh, and sometimes foot when I used it on the accelerator.  It felt like it would when I've been already driving eight hours. As much as possible I switched to cruise control but that option was not always a reasonable one, so I stopped here and there, tried to walk out the pain, and took a couple of cat naps on the side of the road. But the pain was soon back again when I  got back behind the wheel. At one point I was wondering if I could even make it home, was thinking, "I should call someone". But I didn't.

I have no idea what caused this extra pain in that leg. I am hoping that over the next few days it eases off so I can get back to my regular routine here. I have already decided I won't be going to the gym tomorrow. A day off cannot hurt right now.

No comments: