Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

Return to Aqua

Yesterday I returned to an Aqua class at my gym. The Thursday leader is one of the milder ones, so I felt it was a good way to get back in. However, after 20 minutes, she relinquished the class to Cindy, one of the Movement Maniacs, who finished the class with us.

Cindy is a personable, highly active fifty-something teacher, who knows all of us. She remembers my name, what has been going on with me, the fact that I have daughters in Las Vegas, and more. She remembers these things about everyone! I have other instructors who have never even asked my name. Cindy is way at the opposite end.

And she is famous for keeping us moving. Back and forth, up and down, high and low. Yesterday she got into the pool with us because there were only five of us and it was cold. The numbers always decrease as the weather gets colder but I do keep going on the days I have chosen.

There were a few times I felt the twinge, especially when we had to do things that called for quick high bending of the knees and bicycling type moves. I made it through all right but I knew it had taken a bit out of me.

Afterwards I went to Costco to pick up a prescription refill for pain killers. I needed them, or else I would have waited and gone straight home. I found it painful to walk across that concrete floor, even though I had my cane with me. I went home as soon as I got the pills and propped up my knee with an ice pack on it. That helped. Got to work that into the plan for now, until I get better adjusted.

When I went into therapy at 8:30 this morning the therapist said I was already walking better. Clearly the Aqua class didn't hurt anything and it probably helped. My plan for now is to do therapy MWF and Aqua TThS. I may adjust that as I feel stronger, increasing my time at the gym.

No comments: