Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Future Book

From time to time I consider writing a book. I have thought about writing simply about my life, about my experiences with my father, about health. I've thought about fiction, too. If I were to write a book about arthritis I would need to take into account:

* I am not a medical professional
* I am not an expert researcher
* I am insightful
* I have lived with it for a very long time
* I have learned a few things.

The book that makes the most sense is my own life experience, essentially turning this blog into a book. Possible titles:

30 Years with Arthritis
Know Your Knees
Arthur-who? Making Friends with Arthritis
Making the Leap Year After Year
Arthritis: Don't Let it Stop You

Synopsis:

Arthritis affects over half of the over-60 population. This degenerative disease takes on knees, ankles, wrists, shoulders, any joint in fact. And people deal with it in many different ways. Lautner's journey is longer than most: she started feeling pain in her knees while in her thirties, and watched it accelerate on into her 60s, when after many ups and downs and after trying many different methods for compensating for the damage, she finally went in for knee replacements. Follow her as she plunges into various exercise programs, changes in diet, and surgery and beyond, and learn something about fear, fitness, and starting over.


This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J



1 comment: