Search This Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Friday's Challenge: Never Have I


Friday's challenge:

Never Have I Ever. You stick to your guns – now tell us about what. What is something you’ve never done but want to. What’s something you’ve never done and won’t budge on?
I have never sung a solo. I love to sing but have never taken lessons. I took a class in voice in college, a requirement for the music major I was pursuing (my focus was piano). In that class the teacher managed to bring out a hint of the voice I might have and she was excited about it. But I have never followed through. I have sung in choirs to keep my hand in, to be able to perform music without too much responsibility.  But I have never sung a solo. I have had visions of doing this, over the years. I would not ask for something impossible - a solo in a small production with a small audience would be fine. A church solo would be fine, if I belonged to a church. A solo at a wedding or funeral would be such an honor. I am sixty-five years old. Is it too late for this dream?

I have never ...

This is harder than I thought it would be. I am a highly ethical person and yet:

I have lied.
I have stolen.
I have cheated.
I have hurt others.

Milder confessions:

I have skipped school.
I have smoked pot.

And I can't say I would never do any of these things again, under the right circumstances.

I have never murdered. I can say with 99% assurance that I never will, but again, there may be circumstances that would lead me to do so.

I have never married and am unlikely to do so but it isn't something I'd not budge on.

I have never blackmailed someone. But would I? Again, to protect somebody else I just might.

Here we go:

I have never surrendered an animal to a shelter that kills animals who are not adopted. And I never will. Similarly, I have never entered an animal in a judging contest at a fair, and I never will. I have never bought a cat or dog from a pet store and I never will, nor have I ever bought an animal from a breeder and I never will.




This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J


No comments: