Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

Understaffed or something else?

It is after7:30 and my dinner tray is still here. And the things that go around my legs to keep the circulation going and mi imize edema are still sitting on the end of the bed. And I don't know if I am going to get my usual reqip and hydroxyzine. I asked about it some time ago. These things don't surprise me. I have become used to waiting in this hospital. I have noticed tha this for-profit hospital uses a lot of volunteers,too. It is hard to figure it out except that these are cost-cutting measures to maximize profits. AM I just cynical? Edit oct 6: I have since discovered that French hospital is "not-for-profit". I don't know if it has always been. And of course that does not mean "non-profit" technically. I should look that up.

No comments: