Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Soon to a New Phase

Friday will be my last day with my in-home physical therapist, Wade. Monday I start outpatient therapy with the therapist, Paul, whom I saw a couple of times before I had decided on knee surgery. Paul will have notes about what my knee was like then, I hope, which may be a kind of benefit. Not to mention I liked him. I have liked all of the therapists I have worked with, and each has had a different approach, which I think has been beneficial overall.

Wade said I'm doing very well for this many weeks from surgery (just over five), and that I can take that as a guide for the next knee surgery, which he suggests I might want to fit in as soon as I can. I need to look at the calendar and see if I can work in that knee in between various events of the John Lautner Foundation. (This is a big year for us because my father would have turned 100 this year.) Based on how I am doing now, Wade says I can probably figure on being able to attend events two months after the right knee surgery. It's got me thinking. On the one hand, it is smart to get the other knee done before I start experiencing arthritic difficulties because of the change in alignment caused by the new left knee. On the other hand, it seems like it would be good to take a break...! I am leaning toward fitting it in somehow, sooner.

For now, though, my focus is on getting out of the house next week. Yes, I do take the car for short trips but this is the official date, the return to civilization. The next phase.

No comments: