Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

How it feels

When I wake in the mornings, or in the middle of the night, I have trouble putting my weight on my left leg (the more damaged one). I have to grab something to hold onto as I stand up and when I am standing it hurts. I have to limp to the bathroom. All I want to do is sit down again.

In time I get more flexible and can walk without that much pain. Ever since my "flareup" of a couple of years ago, though, that strange kind of stiffness remains. When I sit on a low, soft seat, I have to help myself up, often lifting myself sideways as I lean on one side of the couch.

If you were to see me when I first get up in the morning you would think I am seriously crippled. That isn't quite true, because later in the day I can often walk without any limp.

No comments: