Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The alternate days

The book recommends easy walking on alternate days - three days a week. It says to start with 16 minutes and add two minutes a week until you reach 30 minutes. If walking isn't possible it suggests aqua exercises, same length of time.

I went to the gym today and did 20 minutes on the treadmill. Although I'd like to jumpstart the program by going right to 30 minutes it occurred to me that I might do myself more of a favor if I follow it more closely. So I took it easy, walking an average of 30-minute miles. I jogged the incline up to 2.5 by the end, not much of an incline.

I have been taking a glucosamine and chondroitin supplement with breakfast and today I added a ginger extract. The book recommends 1500 mg of glucosamine - I am taking about that much of the two together right now. It also recommends 520 mg of ginger extract - I'm taking 500 mg. Because I didn't realize that the supplement does contain animal products (the chondroitin) I will finish it up and then start on the pure veggie glucosamine supplement that I also purchased. One thing at a time.

No comments: