Search This Blog

Monday, October 23, 2023

To reiterate

 Here is my plan, straight from Dr. Barnard's book:


The pain-safe foods are:


and the triggering foods are:


So today I started my day with rice pudding I had made last night. Simple - cooked brown rice, rice milk (that I had made earlier using more brown rice and a bit of date paste), maple syrup, and vanilla. Moved on to reheated tofu cubes that I had cooked in the air fryer last night (pressed tofu, cut in cubes, salted and air fried).

It occurs to me that it might be helpful to me to record my pain here. Daily if I think of it. 

I have been taking extra-strength Tylenol pm at night lately because of restless legs and pain in general on my hip. It helps me get to sleep. There comes a time when I don't feel any pain while lying in bed. But then that stops. I try to get back to sleep and can't, so I get up to brush my teeth and take a shower and get dressed. Standing helps with restless leg and walking does loosen the joint.  So what I have noticed:

My left leg is uncomfortable much of the time. I am either in pain or feeling that restless leg thing. My right hand is hurting lately. I think because I'm using a cane now and am leaning on my right hand. I am trying to use the cane more to steady myself and not to lean, but this will take time. 

I also have the pain in my lower back that comes along when I am preparing food or something when walking. It seems to happen every day, at least once a day, and I have to sit down to relieve it. 

That's the pain report, best as I can remember.

BP: 154/74
Weight: 203.4





No comments: