Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Day Three

 I've made it to day three. I'm relying on rice cakes and tofu and garbanzo beans to survive. Mainly because these are foods I can eat without much prep or no prep. I get so impatient. I want to eat now.

I haven't eaten all foods cooked. Yesterday I had watermelon. Nobody cooks that. I think I understand the reason for cooking everything - eliminate any possible source of inflammation. 

Lately I have noticed that I can get dressed more easily. I think this is because the swelling has gone down quite a bit. It will be quite the day when I don't need that sock helper to put my left sock on.

Later...

I met my physical therapist outside as I was bringing a bag of trash to the dumpster. He followed me to see how I was walking, said I was walking very well. On the way back he said, "now try without the cane" and I did. "Just as good," he said. But I had some back pain. I mentioned it and he said the hip surgery may have caused it and it should go away. I hope so but am not too hopeful because this pain is something I have had for about three years, intermittently, and I have yet to find out what is really causing it. That is a story for another day, though.

Before seeing the PT I went to my post-op appointment with the surgeon. He said I'm "doing awesome". Two more weeks before I can submerse myself in water (but showers are still fine). He will get x-rays at the next appointment, in four weeks, to see how the joint is doing. 

After the PT had me trying walking without my cane I tried it during the day and now I am walking without it as much as with.  I am very happy with how quickly I am recuperating. 


BP: 160/84

Weight: 202.2

No comments: