Search This Blog

Sunday, October 29, 2023

Seventh Day

October 28: So the first week comes to a close. I am still on the plan. However, the list of triggers is slightly different in different places on the PCRM website and in Barnard's book and I am eating some foods that are listed as triggers on at least one of the lists. I am limiting my consumption of these foods but I haven't cut them out. These are tofu and garbanzo beans.  If I am not sensitive to these foods, no harm done. 

So far I am not noticing a meaningful reduction in pain. Of course I am still recovering from surgery so some improvement is normal. It could take four weeks or even longer to get at the inflammation that is practically built-in over so many years. 

I have been looking for a support group or just a person to answer questions. I looked on Facebook and found one group called anti-inflammatory eating for beginners, or something similar. I joined it and got a booklet created by the group's creator. It doesn't coincide with Barnard's lists. I'm not sure it will be helpful to stay in there. I was unable to find groups specific to the PCRM elimination diet. Maybe I need to use that term in my searches.

I have not found it difficult to get a lot of calories each day. Not as easy as it was with foods on that triggers list, but not difficult. I do get full, too, with all that fiber. I enter my foods in Cronometer so I can see what I am eating and how it shapes up on the nutrients lists. So far I seem to be getting plenty of protein, carbohydrate, and fat. And all just from these unprocessed foods. Or nearly unprocessed. There is some processing in making rice cakes, tofu, and rice noodles, but not much.

BP: 139/77

Weight: 200.2

No comments: