Search This Blog

Sunday, October 22, 2023

DAY ONE

As I prepared for the Great Four Week Inflammation Test, I looked at foods not on either list (see previous post). Soy is one. I was delighted to find that soy is great at reducing inflammation. So yay! Up with Tofu! Up with soy milk!

I took my copy of Neal Barnard's book, Foods That Fight Pain, from my shelf so I could read up specifically on the arthritis elimination diet.  Instructions are clear: Eat mostly from the safe food list. Avoid foods on the trigger list entirely. Eat foods that are not on either list but focus on the safe list.

I am starting the plan today! Mark this date: October 22, 2023. Four weeks. Can I do it?

When I went to Costco to pick up medication yesterday, I picked up some fresh fruits and vegs and avoided the breads and processed foods that I often like to eat. 

My small haul from Costco.

The directions say to cook most of the foods also. So this morning I cut up an apple and a pear and cooked them in the microwave. Later I cooked a pot of brown rice and just ate that with a little salt. Right now there are sweet potatoes cooking in my air fryer.  Obviously I'm not making any recognizable meals right now. However, the book includes a number of recipes I plan to try. Especially the rice pudding.




No comments: