Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

A Good Day

I honestly can't remember the last time I was able to walk around for any length of time without pain. Maybe for a minute after a class or a workout I would feel less uncomfortable but then the pains would go back into my hip and I would be telling myself to straighten up, suck in my stomach, stay as straight as I could.

Today, though, I did feel significantly less pain, right from the moment I got up. I am not saying I strode into the bathroom like a twenty-year-old but I was able to brush my teeth without that discomfort from both legs and when I walked down the hall later I noticed that I could walk comfortably without pain. I put on my sandals for Aqua class and found that when I got out of the car to go into the gym I was still feeling good.

There were moments in Aqua when I had a gust of pain - in my left calf particularly - but eventually those went away and I left the pool not doing too badly. I pushed my luck a little, not going straight home but instead stopping at Starbucks, Michael's, and then a fabric store. I don't think I could have done a pain-free hike but most of this time I was okay.

Either this is one of those momentary relief days or it's a sign of better things to come. I am hoping the latter.

No comments: