Search This Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2010

upping it

Today, as I promised myself, I increased weights on the machines. So as of today, this is my routine:

12 minutes on upright bike at level 9
1 set of 15 reps on row machine at 80 lbs
1 set of 15 reps on lat pulldown machine at 80 lbs
1 set of 20 reps on leg press at 160 lbs
chest stretch, 30 sec each side
calf stretch, 30 sec each foot

rubber band exercises:
compound row, red & green bands, 3 sets of 15
shoulder external rotation, red, 3 sets of 15
empty can, green, 3 sets of 15
lat pulldown, red, 3 sets of 15 - I often don't do this because it's hard to find a door or other place in the gym that I can use.

squats on ball on wall - I put large ball in small of my back, put weight in heels, do squats - I'm doing five, sometimes six
squats at rail - weight in heels too, I'm doing five, carefully, sometimes two sets of five
stick stretch - I'm doing two stretches where my right arm helps stretch my left (the problem arm). Right now I am stretching three sets of ten seconds each
treadmill - walk normally, focusing on feet, knees, posture - I have managed all of four minutes

Today the gym was crowded when I came and I did not get on the treadmill and I did not get to a weight bench with the stick. On my way home I purchased a rake handle to use as a stick at home and I did the stick stretches at home. I am thinking that I will go on the treadmill twice the next time. Four minutes isn't much but it hurts and I don't want to keep doing things when they hurt, so that's where I end it for now.

No comments: