Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Arch Support

The first time I met with Clara she mentioned arch supports, noting that I have flat feet or whatever they call it. I said that I used to wear Birkenstock's arch supports, 3/4 length, because they were recommended by a physical therapist I was seeing years ago. I used them in my Earth shoes initially but later took them out when it seemed like the two things - the design of the shoe and the arch support - might be contradicting each other.

I decided to add arch supports back in. Today I went to CVS and found Dr. Scholl's Arthritis Pain Relief supports. They are supposed to relieve pain from knee, foot, or hip. You can read what Dr. Scholl's says about them.  I put them in just a little while ago and I think they may actually be helping! I don't know if they negate the value of the Earth shoes, but I don't think so.

No comments: