Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Horrible, Terrible, Very Bad Night

Last night I went out to dinner with a group, came home and did not get the dynasplint on until about 8:30. I went to bed close to ten and tried to sleep. As usual I could not get to sleep for quite some time but finally dropped off.

When I woke at about midnight everything felt wrong. I took off the splint but that was not enough. My left arm ached and my right knee hurt. My stomach felt queasy. Was I getting sick?

The worst was that I could not stop crying. I bawled and bawled, big sobbing messes, uncontrollable, inconsolable. I went into the bathroom, took a shower, came out still crying. I splashed cool water on my face, still crying. I lay down in bed and felt my body again shake with sobs.

I finally fell asleep, fitfully, woke a few times, managed to stay reasonably calm. I woke, still feeling (and sounding) funny in my tummy but at least no more crying.

I hurt, yes, but it did not seem that the aching and knee pain were the main reasons for the crying. I don't know what was.

No comments: