Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2008

a step back

Lately, for the past several days, I have had a resurgence of significant pain and stiffness in my left knee. After months of not having much, if any, pain in that knee, suddenly it came back with a vengeance. Today I spent an agonizing 20 minutes or so in a grocery store trying to grab a few groceries and finding it so difficult I had to lean on the cart and grit my teeth and keep going.

I don't know why this happened. I have fallen off the exercises before and I have been in cold weather before. Yesterday I tried to get in 30 minutes of simple walking and it was so hard, so painful, that I stopped at 17 minutes. I am hoping, still, that by getting out there, pain or no, I will move past this and feel better and be able to do more.

No comments: