Search This Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2013

It Varies

Since my juice fast, the sharp pains in my groin area have not returned. However, pain in my hip in general, the more generalized pain, has not been kind to me lately. Could be because I am trying out some new prepared foods and some have ingredients that are not helpful.

I have gone on hikes the last two Saturdays. The first Saturday I tried a new one that is on a dirt road and is two miles long. There are a couple of little hills, nothing big. Yet I found it took a lot out of me. I didn't have significant pain but my knees were tense, so I was not particularly enjoying it. I was still hurting the following Sunday all day.

The following Saturday I did one of my favorite short hikes: Stoneridge. This hike is not far from my house and involves climbing a small hill, affording views out over the city. It is a rocky dirt trail. The total distance is not long - I don't actually know how long - but it is steeper than the previous week's hike. I had a good time on this hike and did not feel any aftereffects on Sunday. I'm not sure what I learned here. It may simply be that I need to take my time, as I had to climbing those rocks. Others sail over this trail, run it. I'll never do that but maybe I'll speed up a little over time.




No comments: