Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2011

Two days

I have the weekend to go,then back to the hospital for surgery on my right knee. All is in order, all is lined up. All of my tests were normal, something both the nurse and surgeon said is not particularly common. Everyone who has told me about second knees assures me that the second surgery goes more easily. Not because there is less work but just because the patient knows what is ahead. Certainly for me the knowledge means a lot. So much was up in the air the last time. I have a better handle on what meds work and about how long it will take for me to get back on my own. This weekend, then, is mainly for tidying up. When I return home it won't be long before a nurse and physical therapist show up at the door. I want to be generally ready for them. I am excited. I have had a lot of pain in my right leg and I really hope to see improvement.

No comments: